Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Constructions of Nature.......I have always been drawn to the beauty of things “modest and humble,” as author Leonard Koren described in his book, Wabi-Sabi for Artists Designers, Poets and Philosophers, 1994. I feel the images I present here fall into that Japanese aesthetic. In a new series I have been working on over the past year, I attempt to make constructions of nature that are both inconspicuous and ephemeral. How fun to capture the details and beauty of the aging clematis blooms.


1 & 2

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a designers' eye.
    The explanation about the Japanese aesthetic
    really directs us with this.
    I like the directness of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, you'll have to show us the young ones too, or Photoshop them half-and-half like the faces.

    ReplyDelete